Thursday, May 28, 2009

FOOD ,FRIENDS,+A LITTLE WINE ,+KARAOKE = A PARTY

The Elvis spirit just got a hold of me and a" Whole Lot of Shaking Going On" Me and bro. in law Bill, trying out a duet of "Blowing in The Wind"

These ole boys singing "Your Cheating Heart"

As the famous once said "I Am the Greatest"


OPPS



HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND THE BEST ONE YOU EVER HAD ,AND MANY MORE




The title says it all. This week a couple friends had a birthday and we got a bunch of friends together for a great party, the food was good and always a fun time with friends , but as always when you get a bunch of expats and their Thai partners together , the Karaoke spirit takes over and all of a sudden, everyone loses their shyness and becomes a wantabe singer,and not to be out done , the spirit of Elvis takes over my body and my legs start to wiggle and my feet start to move and all at once this strange voice comes out of my mouth ,saying"YOU CAN DO ANYTHING BUT LAY OFF MY BLUE SUEDE SHOES",I wonder if those few glasses of wine had anything to do with it . I read that karaoke started in Japan in the early 70's and has spread around the world to become one of the all time favorite entertainment additions to every party , especially here in Thailand . And for a moment in time you are a STAR, just like that Rainstonestone Cowboy, "getting cards and letters from people you don't even know and offers coming over the phone",singing every song you can remember,from days gone by, and then all of a sudden you're off key and missed that high note and everyone is laughing their A-- off and then you come back to the present and realize that you were only dreaming and it's time to touch The Green ,Green Grass of Home, and someone takes your car keys and says we'll give you a ride home . Malcolm

9 comments:

Mike said...

Malcolm that first shot made me think of you as a fire and brimstone preacher about to address the faithful!

I too had a great birthday party here though even when I am drunk I can't sing.

The Frogblogger said...

Sounds like a great party, I always knew the King is alive and well, it's just that's he sagging a bit at the edges ;-)

... just spotted your comment round at Mike's... you're only jealous! It's official... the Brits are the most eligible, handsome and desirable guys around.It must be true because The Nation says so.

Martyn said...

I hope you sang as loud as the shirts in the photos. I've never been able to sing and believe me I'd love to belt a number out. You really do enjoy life to the full and I'm sure you've got many more gigs in you. Long Live the Kanchanaburi King.

MJ Klein said...

Malcolm, nice work channeling The King! believe it or not, we have Thai karoaoke here in Taiwan because of the factory workers. i give it a go myself once in awhile. looks like a nice party!

*lynne* said...

Ah, karaoke!! I miss it! Here in the US I've done it twice - both times not really enjoying it because it was in a bar setting, and you're trying to belt out a tune to a bunch of strangers - need a good amount of EtOH in the system to pull that off, LoL!

back in Malaysia, karaoke lounges are very common, but even better - rooms!! So you get a bunch of your friends together, and within the privacy (but visible through glass doors - proprietors can't risk having 'indecent' behaviour happening on the premises) of the rooms and in front of friends you don't worry about singing off key, or hogging the mike, etc etc. ... Heh, the last time I did that in Malaysia, it was 2004. Wow. It has been a while. ... I'll have to oganise something the next time I'm "home"!

Malcolm and Ciejay Burgess said...

Mike , I use to be a fire and brimstorm kinda preacher , I think as years go by and living life in this world I have realized that love and kindness is the answer,and a little or lot off wine or none I still can't sing ,just love to try.
Peter, you noticed that I forgot to put on my griddle belt too,ha ha.
Martyn , I try my best to live the good life and have fun , I always felt soooo restricted before I came to the LOS, I'm loving it. After a few glasses no one will know the difference , belt one out the next time you have a opportunity,and let it as they say "let it all hang out "
MJ, we did have a great time and I do my part in keeping the King Alive.
Lynne, Most dvd players have the ability to do karaoke ,all you need is a cheap mic, and easy to find karaoke cd's with all your favorite singers, and you are ready soooooo have a party at your place and invite all your friends and I sure they will love you for it and you'll open up a whole new world of fun for you and friends, away from the bars and drunks . but you will have to have a little fire water to get everyone loosened up. "go for it."

Unknown said...

Karaoke is really fun but I don't have the guts to do it in front of anybody else.

Nice shirt!

Martin in Bulgaria said...

Elvis mind the Pelvis man! Great actioh shots Malcolm. When's the CD coming out?
Glad you had a great time.

Ben Shingleton said...

Great photos Malcolm - looks as though you all had a ball! I always enjoy a bit of karaoke once I get drunk enough (I cannot sing a note) Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I always enjoy your positive outlook and funny stories. All the best, Ben