Thursday, October 23, 2014
I have already posted pictures of the trip to the coconut farm , but I forgot to post a few pictures I was able to shoot at the coconut factory . This place was amazing , I never knew they did soooo much with the coconut , the tree , the leaves , the husk , the fiber , the meat , the juice , they even make charcoal and mulch for gardens out of the husk , and ship to other countries , and when the trees get old they saw them into lumber to build homes , and as you can see in the pictures , the ladies working there bring their babies with them .A must visit if you ever get a chance
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Thursday, October 9, 2014
1. It Helps Fight Cancer
2. It Preserves Sharp Vision
3. It Supports Heart Health
4. It Keeps the Skin Young
5. It Boosts Brainpower
6. It is a good source of Fiber
7. It is High in Key Vitamins and Minerals
8. It Aids Your Digestive System
9. It Boosts Your Immune System
10. It Help With Your Dieting Efforts
Saturday, October 4, 2014
When we( Ciejay and Me) lived in America , believe it or not I use to hate to hear those words , "LETS GO OUT FOR DINNER TONITE "for different reasons than you might think , I'll list just a few of these reasons , you might be able to relate to a few of them.
1. Where to go ? everyone had their favorite place and it takes a lot of giving in to decide just where you want to go , and if the others don't really want to eat there too then, it's just food and not fun.
2. Fast food , need I say more ?
3. Worked hard all day and sick of people and then to drive all over town to get there just not fun. Would be happy with soup and sandwich especially if it was a SPAM sandwich and Campbells tomato soup.
4. Most places, other than fast food , would break the bank and cost a arm and a leg.
But, all that has changed since we've moved here to Thailand , I have never had a problem with eating out here in the LOS , as each time there are soooo many restaurants( one or two plastic tables and a few plastic blue or red chairs and whalla you've got a restaurant any where you want, on the side of the road , on a side walk in town or in your own front yard) and almost all are a food lovers delight with aroma's and spices and tastes like your taste buds have never experienced in your life,and there are soooo many of them that you never have to go far and you never have to eat at the same place twice unless you want to.
The reason behind this post , I have been waiting all rainy season for it to stop because my favorite place to eat on top of the Mt. road is such a place, a little roadside restaurant that can not stay open during the rainy season as the kitchen is outside and the roof is made of bamboo and tin sheets ,and sooo old that when it rains it pours in like a waterfall ha ha , when I heard it was open , Ciejay and Me could'nt wait for dinner we, went for lunch and when I pulled up on front I could see the big smile on her( the owners) face and a great big Sawa Dee Kae was waiting for us once inside , the cook , chef and bottle washer, all in one, came to take our order and I can truthfully say that I was not disappointed at all and it's a place I would go back to often and take guest and never worry if the meals going to be just right.
I love all the little places to eat out in our area and now you know another reason why ,I'm RETIRED IN THAILAND AND LOVING IT. If you're ever over our way we'll give one of our roadside , 5 stars a try and it'll be my treat. Malcolm