Thursday, November 4, 2010

STOP!!!!!!!!!!! DUCKS CROSSING




Ciejay and me took a little day trip to Supan Buri , to meet up with Sister Tui for lunch and a short visit the other day, on the way there we could see lots of evidence of the flooding from the past week , it was like the road was going across a huge lake with water on both sides of the road and the fields as far as the eye could see was flooded and you could see that the houses that were in the low land and along the fields still had water surrounding them, I am sure was lots of damage not only to crops , but also to the many homes along the river and the rice paddies.
We were driving and came around a curve in the road and almost ran over a flock , herd , or what ever you call a lot of ducks being moved from one pond to another by the duck herder , it was quite a sight , I was able to get a couple of shots off thru the windshield , they were moving pretty fast and there was cars behind me also , hope you like the pictures , have you ever seen a herd of DUCKS??? Malcolm

9 comments:

MJ Klein said...

Malcolm, where are the photos?

Malcolm and Ciejay Burgess said...

MJ, sorry for late photos , but company walked in just as I was loading pictures and then Ciejay called for dinner and you know me , everything on hold when theres food around ha ha , thanks for stopping by . Malcolm

Leone Fabre said...

love these little peeks into your daily life .... always enjoyable!!

Snap said...

Malcolm, that's the biggest herd ;) of ducks I've ever seen.

Martyn said...

Malcolm a group of ducks are indeed called a herd, you can also refer to them as a brace of ducks.

Your photos show the wonder of Thailand, you never know what is around the next bend. When out and about in the car with Wilai my camera is always at the ready.

Anonymous said...

Doing that shows that they’re quackers….
Fun post. Great photos.

All the best, Boonie

kris said...

Great blog Malcolm. I bet when you came across the herd CieJay ducked for cover. I also reckon that the herder never herd you arrive so is it any wonder the ducks where doing everything in their power including the Christian Crossing thing? And you Malcolm, taking pictures of these beautiful creatures through your windscreen? I reckon the ducks are looking and saying "forget duck a la'range we are now duck under glass." Those to the side are thinking "we are peeking duck." I am not ahead of the rest and I won't send you a bill. I'm only winging it, I have searched their web site and have come up this. "This farang, who lives near the elephant training camp thinks "How do you get down from an elephant, when we all know that you don't, you get down from ducks, we are out of here." I agree with Boonie S, maybe I am quackers too! Good post, love it.

LindyLouMac said...

I really enjoy the insights into your life in Thailand that you share with us on your blog. How wonderful to have to stop for ducks crossing :)

Bob said...

What a great blog. Thanks for sharing.