Monday, December 21, 2009

TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY







pictures from the www



It's that time of the year again , and I just can't help but be jolly and happy . I guess I'm just old ,and old fashion enough to really be thankful for the real meaning of Christmas , taught to me by my Mom and Dad. I do celebrate this time of the year as the traditional time of the birth of Jesus , and all that his birth and life and death means to me personally and to all mankind, and I am old and old fashion enough to remember all the Christmas Eve's putting out cookies and milk for the fat man in the red suit and a twinkle in his eye , and a bag of toys for all good boys (and girls too). and then to jump in bed and cover our heads and try our best to go to sleep , because Santa Claus comes tonite .
There are also fond and happy memories of my kids when they were growing up , we tryed to instill in them the real meaning of Christmas , but I could not help myself as I dressed up as Santa on
many a Christmas Eve and put toys under the decorated tree that we had cut ,and trimmed and hung ,ornaments and lights on, to get ready for that special nite when Santa would come and leave lots of toys and goodies under the tree , and to see the excitement and joy on their faces , as they headed off to bed to go to sleep and dream of Santa and the tiny reindeer, flying thru the sky to bring them the things that they has asked and prayed for for months . And I can still hear them screaming and laughing as they ripped the paper off all the wrapped presents throwing paper everywhere and , alway looking for that special big one, that they had ask for .
Yes Tis The Season to be Jolly and I am, hope you are too.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good Night . Malcolm and Ciejay

7 comments:

Mike said...

Malcolm any chance of getting the Santa suit out and doing the rounds?

Love the sentiment, childhood days although distant are still fond memories long before the commercial aspect of Christmas surfaced.

Anonymous said...

Incarnation - God brought to man
Resurrection - man brought holy to God
Such is the great mystery and love of God
Peace and Hope of glory to my brother M and his household.

Camille said...

Happy Christmas to you and your loved ones in Thailand and abroad Ciejay!

Anonymous said...

like the changing banner M. 55

martyn said...

Malcolm and Ciejay have a great time over the Christmas period and all the best from myself and Wilai.

Talen said...

Malcolm, Here's hoping you and yours have a wonderful holidays.

Tipper said...

Love the pictures-I'm hoping you both had a Merry Christmas!