Thursday, October 25, 2012

SMOKED SALMON ---- the Alaska way (one way)

Ever since the beginning of time , preserving the food or meat from the days hunt was very important. Salting, drying in the sun, was the norm before frigs and freezers and canning  can to be . I love to can and freeze the things I hunt and catch and the fish I catch .










While we were in Alaska we went fishing on the Famous Kenai River , during the silver salmon run and we caught our limit and had a great time in doing so  , there's nothing like the sound of Fish On and I'll share that part of the trip in my next post, But I wanted to share in pictures  the art of smoking salmon . My friend Mark did all the work we just provided the fish , hope you enjoy the pictures . 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like very fresh and delicious fish there Malcolm!

Nice pictures and look forward to hearing more of the cities you & Ciejay visited.

Sawadee-khrap

-Joe

Lise said...

Wow, that looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing your adventures, looking forward to hearing more:)

Martyn said...

Malcolm - I've got to agree with the above comment, the fish don't get any fresher than that, and I didn't know how they smoked fish until I saw this post. It's all looks quite simple but I bet there's a lot of skill and experience to it in reality.

prince said...

Macao for the best destnation for the weding and business confernece purposes. play bazaar mainly helping to wealthy people for making so much money anda satta king alos in this race.